The Global Compact Network Mexico is part of the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest responsible business initiative. We connect Mexico’s companies and other organisations to a global movement dedicated to driving sustainable growth. We promote practical sustainability leadership, share knowledge across sectors, and shape the business environment to create a world we want to live and do business in.
The UN Global Compact’s Ten Principles, rooted in UN treaties, provide a robust foundation from which we lead Mexico’s business action on the Global Goals, also called the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our mission is to turn global momentum on sustainability into practical local action.
You can read about the UN Global Compact’s Values and Behaviours model at https://www.unglobalcompact.org/about/the-un-global-compact-way.
The Global Compact Network Mexico is recruiting an Impact Coordinator to lead its work on social and environmental impact initiatives as well as the Sustainable Development Goals. This new position is a great opportunity for individuals wanting to grow a career in the field of corporate responsibility and sustainable development.
Please note that while this role is within the Global Compact Network Mexico team, the successful candidate will not be formally employed by the United Nations.
The Impact Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director and will be supported by an Impact Specialist.
The position will be responsible for design and execution of plans for positive corporate impact on social and environmental issues that facilitate the adoption of the Ten Principles and the accomplishment of the Sustainable Development Goals in businesses. The main focus is the implementation of Global Impact Initiatives which are accelerator programmes designed to advance sustainable practices in businesses and to scale collective impact of companies (SDG Ambition, Target Gender Equality, Young Innovators, 1.5ºC Climate, SME’s, among others).
- Implementation of the Global Impact Initiatives and other global programmes
- Development and implementation of the Local initiatives and programmes
- Development and execution of the local training programme and webinars
- Support the organisation of global and local events
- Liaise with UN Global Compact (global office) and other Local Networks
- Writing communication materials on Impact issues
- Technical support to the 2030 Agenda Working Groups
The Global Compact Network Mexico has a very broad mission, but the Network team is small, so the Impact Coordinator may be required to support other activities from time to time.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS:
- A demonstrable knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals and the responsible and sustainable business agenda; including social, environmental and anticorruption issues
- 2+ years of work experience in business and/or consultancy
- Experience of managing successful projects, including events
- Strong strategic thinking; ability to lead a small team; sound communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to initiate partnerships and maintain positive relations with Network participants and other stakeholders
- Dynamic, proactive, creative and well-organised person
- Advanced English level (Level C1)
- Native or Advanced Spanish level (Level C2)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Natural or Social Sciences
- Master’s degree (preferably) in corporate sustainability and/or responsibility
Although the position can work remotely, it is expected that the person attends in-person meetings and events in the office in Mexico City several days per month once the pandemic allows it. We encourage candidates based in any city from Mexico to apply; conditions can be negotiated. Candidates must be living in Mexico.
The Global Compact Network Mexico is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Global Compact Network Mexico recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, cultural and ethnic backgrounds or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINK
Deadline for application: Thursday March 11th 2021 at 19:00 hrs.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.